fredag, juni 12, 2009

Spending pants

Good ole Swedish saying might not be so good after all, but yesterday I put my spending pants on and bought a new graphics card, some memory and a heat sink for my chipset, since the fan died. This should make sure the computer lasts until I move out of the house, meaning I can bring it with me for use as a HTPC, and build a new rig for gaming. Somehow, it feels good spending the tax return as "free money", even though it was my money all along. If I had paid less taxes, I'd probably just spend it on something less lasting. Such as beer. Mmm, beer.

Also, I have ordered sum new internets. My ADSL equipment is old (like, 1st gen. old) and gets intereference from the phone line when someone calls, and the speed upgrade was something like 30:- (thats about two pounds or four dollars) extra a month for 12-24 mbit instead of 0-8 (in reality I had about six most of the time). Plus, it's on the cable TV network so no possibility of intereference, and it won't suffer from bad cable quality. It will also alleviate the "problem" of me losing bandwidth to my mother when she surfs wireless from the living room somewhat.

I won't start working until the 22nd of June, which means I have more than a week of beautiful slacking ahead of me. I shall spend it well: Right here.

1 kommentar:

Emmy sa...

My tax returns this year will be spent on beer. And other vital neccessities at Arvikafestivalen. But that's only after I've paid my electrical bill, some master card debt (ebil ebil plastic), sent the dog to the groomers (she currently consist of 70% wool) and bought some summer clothes, lest I die of overheating. Much like your computer could've done.

But yay for tax returns!